Affidavit of Support is a type of affidavit that needs to be notarized and signed by an individual who wants to sponsor any person like a relative, friend etc. The person that signs on that document is simply saying that he/she takes the financial burden of the person that is coming to the US. Once the affidavit is signed, the person that did so is responsible in under any condition, to take care of his/her relative or friend.
How To Write Affidavit of Support
In most cases, you will get a pre-written affidavit of support from your state’s judicial website or it can also be obtained from the office of a clerk. However, for some reason, you want to write your affidavit of support then you can act as an affiant.
Below, you will see some tips that will help you write Affidavit of Support:
- Grab an empty white paper.
- Begin by writing the heading that says “Affidavit of Support”.
- After that, introduce yourself by writing your full name, date of birth, and address.
- Now, write your reasons of why you want to sponsor that person.
- Write down the oath that confirms that you will be responsible for providing the financial aid to the person that is coming to the United States.
- Attach your financial documents like bank statements or so.
- Write down the correct date.
- The final step is to sign the document yourself and get it notarized by a court clerk or a notary.
So, that’s how you write an affidavit of support for yourself. Remember, this may not be the case for everyone so make sure to seek professional help.
I-864P Affidavit Form
I-864P Affidavit is also known as affidavit letter for immigration purposes. This type of affidavit is used to request for the immigration of the person. In simple words, this affidavit means that you shall be held responsible for the person’s finances until that person gets the U.S citizenship or lived in the U.S for more than 10 years.
Just like Affidavit of Support, you can also write this affidavit by yourself as well. Below, you will see how to write an Affidavit Letter For Immigration:
- Go ahead and download the I-864P affidavit form from your state’s judicial website or get it by hand from a local court clerk.
- Answer all the questions that are given on the form and make sure not to add any false information.
- Make sure to write down your full name, residential address, date of birth, and the relationship that you have with the individual that your are sponsorig. Mention the reason that why are you filing for the affidavit. Additionally, write down the complete information of that person.
- Write down the information about your finances and ensure that it meets the criteria. If you cannot reach the criteria then don’t forget to include your property value or the total income of the house like your spouse or child.
- Attach all the important documents like birth certificate, bank statements, passport photo copy, and taxes for the last 12 months.
- Finally, put your signature on the affidavit and get it notarized by a notary.
Below you download the affidavit of support template or affidavit of support sample